Have a Safe Travel with our Responsible HospitalityKeep your love for travel alive. We'll take care of safety during your stay at Washington Plaza Hotel.
We are closely monitoring all developments regarding COVID as they happen and updating our policies and procedures to ensure the safety of our staff and guests. We rely on guidance from DC Health, the CDC and World Health Organization so that we can ensure a safe trip for all of our guests.
Your health and safety are our utmost priorities!
Well-trained Associates Clean the Guestrooms
We have educated our staff to recognize the flu symptoms and to act responsibly. Our associates are well-trained in preventative measures.If any of our staff members feel unwell, we are advising them to stay home and keep us informed.
Find Out How We’re Planning to Keep You Safe
- Cleaning and disinfecting all public areas and frequently touched items regularly multi-surface cleaner and disinfectant.
- Following the latest District of Columbia health and American Hotel and Lodging Association (AHLA) Safe Stay guidelines, it is mandatory for all guests over the age of two to wear a mask in public spaces at all times unless actively eating or drinking.
- Sanitizing stations are placed in high-traffic common areas (lobby and elevator) for your convenience.
- Regular cleaning and disinfecting of all our guestrooms using EPA-approved disinfectants
- Paying special attention to disinfect high-touch points, including TV remote, refrigerator, door handle
- Standard items like pens and notepads are now transferred to single-use items
Taking an informed decision is necessary during this challenging time. Don't hesitate to contact us if you have decided to cancel your stay. We are ready to waive the cancellation fee for individual travels.Contact us at 800-424-1140 to find booking-related details and know more about our cancellation policy.
Distancing in DC
Go for a walk and explore the fascinating sights and attractions that Washington DC offers to you:See More Attractions
- The White House
- Smithsonian National Zoological Park
- National Mall
- Jefferson Memorial
In the Words of Our Visitors
"This place was amazing! The front desk was so helpful and genuinely kind. We were so happy with our room. It was so spacious. The tree did cover some part of our view but it was unexpected so we enjoyed it! The room was clean and there was a fridge to use for our leftovers! Thank you! I will definitely come back!"Carola S.
Are the hotel staff required to wear masks?
Yes, our hotel policy, requires that all staff wear protective masks and maintain proper distance to ensure safety.
Are the Washington DC restaurants open?
Yes. DC-area restaurants are ready to welcome you again, but with proper precautions in place. Wearing a protective mask is mandatory while entering. Starting January 15, 2022, a DC ordinance will require proof of vaccination for all guests over the age of 12 dining indoors.
Does the Washington Plaza Hotel have sanitizing stations?
Yes. Washington Plaza Hotel has placed sanitizers in all heavy-traffic public areas. We are ready to offer additional supply as well, feel free to ask anytime.
What enhanced cleaning measures are in place?
We are cleaning and sanitizing our public spaces and guest rooms regularly; specifically focusing on the high-touch areas, including door handles, elevator buttons, and door keys.