Have a Safe Travel with our Responsible HospitalityKeep your love for travel alive. We'll take care of safety during your stay at Washington Plaza Hotel. We are closely monitoring CDC and WHO recommendations and improving our cleaning protocols accordingly.
Well-trained Associates Clean the Guestrooms
We are educating our staff to recognize the flu symptoms and to act responsibly.Our associates are well-trained in preventative measures.If any of our staff members feel unwell, we are advising them to stay home and keep us informed.
Find Out How We’re Planning to Keep You Safe
- Cleaning and disinfecting all public areas and frequently touched items regularly with ECOLAB peroxide multi-surface cleaner and disinfectant, an EPA registered antimicrobial product for use against Novel Corona virus SARS CoV2, the cause of COVID-19
- Following the latest District of Columbia health & safety guidelines, we have made it mandatory to wear protective masks for hotel workers, guests, visitors; individuals using taxis, rideshares and riders of public transportation
- Sanitizing stations are placed in high-traffic common areas (lobby and elevator) for your convenience. Additional hand sanitizer supplies are also available on demand
- Regular cleaning and disinfecting of all our guestrooms using EPA-approved disinfectants
- Paying special attention to disinfect high-touch points, including TV remote, refrigerator, door handle
- Standard items like pens and notepads are now transferred to single-use items
Taking an informed decision is necessary during this challenging time. Don't hesitate to contact us if you have decided to cancel your stay. We are ready to waive the cancellation fee for individual travels.Contact us at 800-424-1140 to find booking-related details and know more about our cancellation policy.
Distancing in DC
Go for a walk and explore the fascinating sights and attractions that Washington DC offers to you:See More Attractions
- The White House
- Smithsonian National Zoological Park
- National Mall
- Jefferson Memorial
In the Words of Our Visitors
"This place was amazing! The front desk was so helpful and genuinely kind. We were so happy with our room. It was so spacious. The tree did cover some part of our view but it was unexpected so we enjoyed it! The room was clean and there was a fridge to use for our leftovers! Thank you! I will definitely come back!"Carola S.
Are the hotel staff required to wear masks?
Yes. Our hotel staff is well-educated with all safety and social distancing protocols. They will always be wearing protective masks and maintain proper distance to ensure safety.
Are the Washington DC restaurants open?
Yes. DC-area restaurants are ready to welcome you again, but with proper precautions in place. Wearing a protective mask is mandatory while entering.
Does the Washington Plaza Hotel have sanitizing stations?
Yes. Washington Plaza Hotel has placed sanitizers in all heavy-traffic public areas. We are ready to offer additional supply as well, feel free to ask anytime.
What enhanced cleaning measures are in place?
We are cleaning and sanitizing our public spaces and guest rooms regularly; specifically focusing on the high-touch areas, including door handles, elevator buttons, and door key.